*1 Requires the latest version of the Connect Station App to be installed on the mobile device.
Movie upload functionality with the Connect Station App has been added. *1,*2,*3,*4
- Ability to [Send / receive images] between a mobile device and the Connect Station CS100 outside of a home network has been enabled. (Internet connection required) *1
- Support for more image sources and file types has been added. See instruction manual for Connect Station CS100 for more details. *1
- Decreased the time necessary to [Copy multiple images].
- [Loop playback] functionality has been added.
- A [Disable] option to the [Auto standby] setting in the [Preferences] menu has been added. *5
*2 Proper playback is not guaranteed with movies captured with a mobile device.
*3 The orientation of the Movies captured with a mobile device can be converted for
playback when imported to the Connect Station CS100.
*4 If the movie being imported has UTC (Universal Time Coordinated) date information, then that date information is saved after the movie is imported
to the Connect Station CS100. If the footage does not have UTC date information, then the imported date will be the date information for
the move file.
*5 When [Auto standby] is set to [Disable], and the monitor is displayed for a prolonged period of time, screen burn-in may occur.
For detailed information about the functions of the Connect Station CS100, please refer to the latest instruction manual which can be found on the Canon Web site.
Movies larger than 4GB captured with the EOS-1D X Mark II cannot be imported to the CS100 using a wired connection. Please use a memory card to transfer such movies.